Just My Random Thoughts

Thursday, March 09, 2006

My New Waterpump

Friday I had to have $200 dollars worth of work done on the Malibu. This was after spending $200 on new tires for the Malibu. The Malibu is eight years old and has 102,000+ miles on it. And the water pump was on it's last legs. (The suspension system was also creaking and groaning like it was about to croak but it's bark was worse than it's bite.) A new water pump was going to run nearly $400. Putting that kind of money into an old car just isn't practical.

So last night I bought a new water pump - - - in a new Buick Lucerne CXL (V-6).

This picture isn't actually my car, but this is the style and color. It drives SO smoothly and quietly - no creaks or rattles. I wanted Glacier Blue but would have had to special order it so I got Platinum Metallic instead. I wanted only one option in addition to all the standard stuff on the CXL. I wanted heated seats. I got heated and cooled seats. A sun roof would have been nice, but it wasn't essential. Color was negotiable. There are a lot of other bells and whistles, but the heated seats make my tushy happy.

My coworkers and I are taking one coworking to lunch today to celebrate her birthday and I'm going to volunteer to drive.

I'm almost as happy as my tushy.

2 Comments:

  • Never would I have thought that a new waterpump could erase all thought (and print) of baby Alice! How quickly we forget.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 09, 2006 1:52 PM  

  • Heated seats are the best thing in the world. Enjoy them :-)

    Congrats on your new water pump!

    By Blogger Sarah, at March 09, 2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home