Just My Random Thoughts

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Springtime in Atlanta

Atlanta is beautiful in the spring. After the daffodils and Bradford pear trees finish blooming, the azaleas, cherry trees, redbuds, and dogwoods take over. Of course, cars and pavement turn yellow with pine pollen (the pollen count today is 2262 - anything over 150 is considered to be hazardous to health), but the blooming trees and shrubs make up for it.

But I found the ultimate harbinger of spring yesterday. I was working on a raised flower bed. I turned one of the 24 pound pavers on end to lift it and found three baby copperheads napping under it. I called John out to see and we stood there watching them for a couple of minutes before John got the hoe and "disposed" of them. They are now decomposing under a bag of paver base (so the dogs can't dig them up).

And my raised bed is coming along quite nicely.

AaaaaCHOOOOO!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home