Just My Random Thoughts

Sunday, July 22, 2007

WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS!!

Several months ago the seam along the center of our hot tub cover began to rip. It got to the point where I was afraid to open it all the way for fear it would come completely apart. Since then I’ve been limited to using only half of the hot tub.

During the winter the half of the cover I’ve been removing started getting heavier. By April I could no longer lift it by myself. It was approaching the point where John and I together could barely lift it.

Just opening and closing the tub was such an ordeal that I was using it only once a week or so. And I missed it.

I started researching replacement covers and yesterday we bought one. Granted it’s a second with a serious defect, but I was able to fix it and we paid much less that a first run cover. While we had the cover off, we drained the tub and John scrubbed it down before refilling it. Tonight I could once again use the whole tub.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it so much that I started thinking about my Lessons from the Hot Tub again and composed a new one. Now I just have to write it down before I forget it.

1 Comments:

  • We have the exact same problem with our hot tub! Please let me know where you found the replacement cover, as my husband is planning to order one this week!

    By the way, we're playing blog tag, I've tagged you, and you're it! See my blog for information and to play along, just leave a comment on my blog and then tag seven more people.

    By Blogger Brightmeadowfarms, at August 08, 2007 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home