Just My Random Thoughts

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Now I'm gonna gripe.

We've been looking at Northlake for the last few weeks. As a matter of fact, it's been 5 weeks since we went to Campus. Yesterday, Randall asked John where we'd been. He's the first person from Campus who has asked about it. 5 weeks and only one person noticed / cared. I've said all along that I felt invisible at Campus and now I'm proven right.

We talked to one of the Northlake elders last night and will be placing membership a week from Sunday. The people there have made a concerted effort to seek us out and introduce themselves and make us feel welcome. The classes we've attended have been well done and thought provoking. They have some interesting ideas about service - like a communal vegetable garden. (I've got to look into that a bit more. I'm not talking about a couple of tomato plants and a cucumber. They're using enough land to warrant a tractor to cultivate.) And they plan to break ground for the new auditorium this fall.

It's not high church, but there's a strong feeling of community there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home