Just My Random Thoughts

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Grand Experiment Update

I'm finally starting to see some results other than on the scales.

The dress I'm wearing today used to be, um, shall we say "snug". I put it on this morning and it fits like it should.

When eating out, I used to practically lick my plate clean (remember the starving children in China) and now I generally stop with something, sometimes nearly half, still on my plate. I actually get take-home boxes on a regular basis.

But the kicker was last night. I had a Cabin Camping class and had arranged to buy some leftover Tagalongs from one of the leaders attending. When I got home I opened one box. In "the old days" I'd have eaten the entire box at one sitting (bear in mind that I would have waited at least three or four days before opening another box). Last night, before I had eaten even half of them I decided I'd had enough and put the rest in the freezer.

And it's none too soon. I was beginning to get discouraged and wondered if the sacrifices were worth it. I didn't expect to lose the weight quickly, but I needed something to reassure me that I was getting somewhere and I'm a long way from anyone knowing just by looking that I'm losing weight.

Progress is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home