Just My Random Thoughts

Monday, July 18, 2005

Thunder Boomers

Thanks to Hurricanes Cindy and Dennis, we've had some great thunderstorms. When the weatherman says to take cover, I'm inclined to open the garage door so I can watch the storm.

As a kid I sat on the front porch during storms, but our porch here is too small to stay dry.
I enjoy the sound of the rain falling, especially a hard rain. Thunder and lightning make it fun. In the mountains it sounds like the thunder is rolling around - you can hear it coming and going like a train whistle.

After the storm is over the air smells clean and fresh.

But now they say our weather pattern is changing so it won't be as stormy for a while. Oh well, all the lakes in the area are above summer pool so I guess it's ok to dry out a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home