Just My Random Thoughts

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I TOLD YOU SO!

I said all along that I have never been consistent with diaries and journals on paper or on-line, but The Bratboy is complaining about the rarity of my posts (like he has a lot of room to talk) SO HERE'S A POST!Maybe it would help if I had a theme, but choosing that is like choosing a major in college. I was 33 when I finally decided on a major. At that rate, I should have a theme around 2020. I have too many interests. In the meantime...I got a new sewing machine last month - Husquavarna (please excuse the spelling) Viking Platinum 730. It is not the top of the line, but it is a whole lot more than I have had before (this is my 5th machine). I immediately set about making curtains for what used to be the kids' bedrooms that are now a sewing room and a guest room. I also made a maternity dress for The Nuisance and started a blouse for me. Next up: drapes for the living room and a costume for Vacation Bible School.I learned a new word last week - Hogmany. It's the Scots word for New Years.Saturday evening we held our first Newcomers' Dinner at the church building. It was hosted by the elders and their wives and one of the deacons and his wife (the wives did all the planning, cooking, decorating, etc.) Three of the four couples we invited were able to come and they seemed to enjoy it. We hope to do this every six months or so.Since Carmen is working full-time this summer, I have taken charge of the Wednesday suppers that we've started again. We have one every two or three weeks. I have to get to the store this week and get supplies so I can put everything together next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home