Just My Random Thoughts

Monday, July 27, 2009

Marvelous Monday - 07/27/09

Ok, I know this is a little wierd, but here goes:

I'm not afraid to die.

Why would that make Monday marvelous? Yesterday, our ensemble from Northlake sang at our third funeral for one of our congregation's members. In all three cases, people talked about what wonderful people they were and how devoted they were to God. Yes, people cried, but they cried because they missed the deceased not because dying was horrible.

Like the three people who have died recently, I've tried to live the way God would have me live. I have a loving husband, great kids, sweet grandchildren, and good friends. I've had a good life. I'm not anxious to die, or even ready to die, but I'm not afraid to die.

Watching the news can be frightening. The big local stories this morning were home invasions and car jackings. Either one could happen to me (although I doubt these young punks would be interested in driving my "granny-car" - Buicks are SO not cool) but even if they do I'll be ok.

I'm not afraid to die.

Now, how do I arrange to have my funeral while I'm still here to enjoy it? I want to hear what people say about me when they think I'm not listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home