Just My Random Thoughts

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Marvelous Monday - a day late - 06/09/09

So I got busy yesterday and forgot to post. It's not like it's a crime.

What made Monday marvelous this week? My family.

A news story broke yesterday about a grandfather who shot and killed his 5-year-old grandson and wounded his own wife. Today we find out he did it because the boy dropped a piece of watermelon.

There was another news story this morning about a teenager who shot and killed another teenager because of a feud.

Stories like these are all too common and hard for me to understand. What kind of thought process results in pulling out a gun because someone did something you didn't like? That is so far removed from anything my family members would do that I really can't grasp it.

It's not like we lived in paradise. We argued. Mom and I fought. Richard and I fought. Michael and Melody fought. But it was mostly yelling with an occasional punch. We would not have done anything that might result in permanent injury. Underneath the momentary anger we actually cared about each other and our parents and grandparents taught us to practice the golden rule.

Monday was marvelous because we make family a safe place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home