Just My Random Thoughts

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Aviator

I finally watched The Aviator the other night. As much as I hate to admit it, Leonardo is really a very good actor (especially playing characters who are "different"). As far as the supporting cast goes, they were good except I didn't buy Cate Blanchette as Katharine Hepburn and I not sure why. It just didn't feel right.

One scene did confuse me a bit. After the big plane crash - into houses, not beets - a soldier comes running through the smoke to pull Howard to safety. They way they portrayed it I expected to hear more about it later on but it wasn't mentioned again.

I think I would like to have seen more of the relationship between Howard and the guy he hires at the beginning but they did well depicting the friendship between Howard and Odie.

And his political views making watching Alec Baldwin play a bad guy seem especially appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home