Just My Random Thoughts

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Rat Babies

Ok. When I remember this much detail from a dream I need to record it.

I'm in the hospital having a baby. I'm ok with it and John's happy about it. At this hospital everyone is having babies and they are all rat babies, but that's the way it's supposed to be and we expect the rat babies to grow up to become people.

My rat baby is a little boy, about the size of my hand. He's gray with black and red markings (a Georgia rat baby) that make a kind of V down his back. And he's really fluffy. The young girl next to me had an all gray rat baby that was about the size of Lucy, but he's a short hair and not at all fluffy so I prefer mine.

After we've all had our rat babies we have a class on how to take care of them. John and I are kind of bored and would rather play with the rat baby, but the girl next to me is taking in every word. I finally tell the instructor that I've already raised two kids and I think I can handle a rat baby and if he gets bored I'll have my granddaughter come down to play with him.

It's been about 6 hours since I gave birth so it's time for me to be discharged. To get out of the hospital you have to meander through the attached furniture and linens store and we meet lots of people we know who are shopping there, but I'm really starting to hurt and just want to go home. Then I spot the perfect towels for our newly redecorated bathroom so I stop to check them out.

Then the alarm went off and I woke up.

And yes, I dream in color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home