Just My Random Thoughts

Friday, June 16, 2006

Moving on.

For the last 7 1/2 years I've been a working as a contractor for AT&T's local services group. That ends today. During that time I've received my paychecks from four different companies because AT&T powers that be couldn't make a decision and stick with it. Only three other people were part of this group when I started and they have all left the company. Now it's my turn.

Two weeks ago my first AT&T boss called. He was creating a new position at the company that now employs him and he wanted me to fill it. Besides being a full employee, rather than a contractor, he offered more money than what I'm making now. A year ago I asked for a raise and never received an answer. Even if they had given me a raise then, the new job would still pay more. So I took it.

In about 3 hours we'll all go to lunch and from there I'll go home. Next Thursday I start my new job.

YES!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home