Just My Random Thoughts

Monday, January 04, 2010

Change of gears for 2010

I'm bored with Marvelous Monday; I never did get it focused so I'm going back to Just My Random Thoughts.

I've started reading "My Prayer Book" by Father LeFrance. I got it from my parents who got it from Mr. Dinsmore who was a minister, Methodist I believe. Why a Methodist minister had a prayer book sanctioned by the pope is beyond me.

Anyway, I've been reading it. According to the Introduction it is "a book of counsels and reflections on the pursuit of happiness, not only with a view to the eternal life, but also with regard to our present existence." Yeah, that's how he writes. It was printed in 1938 and writing styles were more formal then.

I've also started reading "Mere Christianity" by C. S. Lewis. Our Sunday school class is studying it this year. (Last year we worked our way through "How We Got the Bible" by Neil Lightfoot and the year before that we did Revelation. We're not afraid to dig in.)

That's what I've been thinking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home